- Brightest Blessings to all. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Rachel Tingler and I am the new writer for this column. I am an Indigo adult and am the proud mother of one Indigo daughter who is 14 years old, and two Crystal kids, ages 10 and 7. I am very excited for this opportunity and look forward to answering any questions you may have. Hopefully everyone has had a Blessed Solstice and a wonderful start to the new year.
- Susan writes:
- Was your daughter taught to control her empathic abilities? That is equally important to embracing them.
- Every person who is an independent thinker could answer yes to these questions which are straight from the literature on Indigos. These intuitive abilities are not special, but normal for our existence as they are from our soul selves. Everyone is born with them, but not so many in western culture was fortunate to have someone like you who would allow them to stay alive. Your children chose well. In cultures that have not been influenced by western culture, NOT to have intuitive abilities is considered odd. Being asleep it is called.
- Your younger son walks in both worlds. Does he know how to keep himself safe as he does this?
- I have no idea why this tone is coming through, but it is and I have to honor it. My physical self apologizes…
While I cannot answer specifically, I can answer from what I know generally and what I have experienced in myself and my own children. Every child and every adult is special, not just Indigos or Crystals. Everyone has their own unique talents and abilities. The thing about Indigos is that they seem to possess certain characteristics which are more prevalent in their generation then in previous generations. They are able to utilize their abilities without as much effort as previous generations. I believe that their greatest task is not developing their intuitive abilities as with previous generations, but learning to understand them and not feel so out of place in society. Indigo children and Crystal children are here help everyone evolve, which is why they come into the world already possessing the traits and abilities that others have to learn. I certainly do not believe that people that are not Indigo are not capable, certainly everyone is. There are just certain abilities that come easier for Indigos.