~ Gift of Sacred Solitude ~
Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar ~ Thomas Mann, German writer, philanthropist, and Nobel Prize Laureate
Mountain’s magnificent presence has been in existence since time immemorial. Mankind has always looked upon Mountain Majesty with awe, and his holy face has been the glorified subject of countless artists’ inspiration. Since humans first discovered Mountain’s power, we have sought him out to traverse his rocky path as a pilgrimage for the soul.
Throughout the ages, humanity has pondered Mountain’s significance in the realm of the absolute, feeling her elevation above the earth higher, and closer to nature and Infinite Spirit. With reverence in our hearts, we have known her, reaching up to the heavens, as a beacon of the eternal.
Mountain emanates an immense aura of power from his constant being. He is a celestial monument, ascending to the heavens through the parting clouds, radiating his essence throughout the cosmos. Standing tall above the earth on the highest peak, he rises above the clouds on a snowcap crown, a towering temple of the Sublime.
Here, it is still and serene, and only the sound of peace permeates. There is nothing, except a profound silence of Spirit. It is the sound of power, and here, on top of the world between Heaven and Earth, rests the Divine. The radiant magnitude of this holy place emanates through the panorama of all life – up to the celestial, and to the blessed world below, in an endless horizon of Mountain Spirit.
~ MOUNTAIN POWER MESSAGE ~
My power rests within your soul, as we are one.
You carry my strength within,
For we are bound together by stone and bone.
As you look to your heart, do so alone.
For in solitude, lie doors to the unknown.
Relax in this knowing, for it is good.
Your soul can be found in the mist of quiet,
And your Strength of Spirit dwells there.
It is by this realm that you shall find me,
And know of the power within.
~ MOUNTAIN ELEMENTS AND SYMBOLOGY ~
Through the spiritual and physical realms of the Five Kingdoms in Nature:
Celestial, Elemental, Flora, Fauna, and Mineral
Uma – revered as an ancient Hindu Mountain Goddess, hailed as The Lady of the Mountains. Uma translates to Parvati in Sanskrit, meaning “She of the Mountains”, and refers to her birth as daughter of Himavat, Great God of the Himalayan Mountains. Worshiped by all gods and creatures as the Supreme Being of Power, she is the one who gives life energy to all beings. Uma, a benign goddess of great beauty, means “light”, and it is through her luminous Mountain energy where we can reach a natural spiritual state of being, and the higher mind can flourish. Within the light of the heavens, shining through the rarified alpine air, we can rise to the essence of the spiritual Mountain within, to our beautiful Infinite Self, where illumination is shed upon inner Spirit. In Indian literature and sculpture, Uma is glorified as a mediator of the conflicts of Heaven, and she can shows us how to balance our many aspects through Mountain’s gift of Sacred Solitude, where we connect with, and harmonize, the energies of Heaven and Earth. As the consort of Lord Shiva, the deity of destruction and regeneration, she tames him through the divine, calming presence of her slow, entrancing Dance of Creation. And so it is with the clarity of the quiet Higher Self subduing the rampages of the lower mind. A beautiful quote by Anne Frank, wise beyond her years, perceives life relative to the realm of Uma’s illuminating force: “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” This is the way of the Kingdom of the Mountain, in its spiritual essence of solitary enlightening power.
Granite – the massive, tough, course grain formed from magma, borne from the heart of Mountain. Here is where power and strength ignite, pouring forth into the outer world. Antiquity sculptures such as pyramids, temples, and memorials were built from the great granite of Mountain Majesty, honored for its rock-solid hardness, living-proof through the ages. Within the sanctum of solitude, the indestructable granite of our inner Mountain can reinforce our Spirit with an inner vitality of centered energy, enabling us to expand outwards to our place in the world with renewed focus, vigor, and purpose. “In matters of principle, stand like a rock.” Thomas Jefferson’s quote stirs us to take the stance of Mountain, strong and sure, to follow our highest code of life. As we move sure-footedly through the heart of Mountain’s gift within the power of solitude, we are able to balance our own foundation with renewed strength of Spirit, guiding us through life’s path.
Conifers – alpine evergreens of cypress, fir, balsam, pine, spruce, and cedar, growing up to 11,000 foot elevations. Conifers act as spiritual guardians on the pathway to the door of Sacred Solitude. In the heights of rarified mountain climate, they remain strong as sentinels of power, green and vital. Their vibrant, fresh fragrance evokes feelings of sanctity found upon Mountain Majesty. In resonance with evergreens, we can promote within ourselves these feelings of strength, empowerment, grounding, and protection, as a result of being in close harmony with their nature. Joyce Kilmer, a prolific American poet, celebrated the common beauty of the natural world, and is most remembered for his short poem entitled Trees, where he eloquently states: “I think I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree.” Breathing in the pure essence of sacred trees is a blessed balance akin to the soul of Heaven and heart of Mother Earth, where we can be initiated to move through our inner spiritual Mountain of strength.
Air – the rarified essence of Mountain’s etheric breath. Cool and pristine, it is filled with pure alpine scents – a refreshment offering clarity of mind and body – where all senses are heightened. Envisioning this rejuvenating symbol for spiritual growth, superfluous patterns of the lower mind can be cleared from our inner environment, enhancing its rise to freedom in the upper realms towards a holistic refinement of ourselves. Henry David Thoreau, American author, philosopher, naturalist, and leading transcendentalist, succinctly said: “Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” In the sacred air of solitude, upon the foundation of our great inner Mountain, we can build the power of ourselves. Everything we believe ourselves to be, we can be. Through this spiritual state of purification in the elemental air, we are able hone into Absolute Truth – the truth that we are One with the Source of Spirit, and an Infinite Being of the Universe. And so we see our True Self. As the sacred eagle flies through the air surrounding Mountain Majesty, his vision is defined and focused with clarity, mirroring his true being. In the mindset of Mountain’s atmosphere, we too can experience a sharpness of intention, and an aspiring resolution of self.
Snow Leopard – occupies alpine areas up to 22,000 feet. Wrapped in mystery and living a mostly solitary life, with the exception of a mother and her cubs, this elusive mountain cat is known for being extremely secretive. In the realm of solitude, the Snow Leopard keenly observes the world around him, and adapts accordingly to his greatest benefit. Covetously guarding her independent, solitary life, it becomes a source of ultimate survival power for her. As we surround ourselves with precious moments of solitude, rising above the mundane to commune with the higher kingdom of the Self, inner strength becomes a tangible source, emanating outwards to touch all aspects of our life. The great Buddha intuitively expressed, “Maintain a state of balance between physical acts and inner serenity, like a lute whose strings are finely tuned.” Like Snow Leopard’s absolute balance of power, seclusion, and vigilance, we can overcome earthly obstacles to walk independently within the world, sharing our greatest gifts with all life, yet be not of the world, but rather, dwell within the upper realms in clarity of purpose. This is where the source and strength of Spirit rests.
Mountain Pride – (Penstemen newberryi) a rose-red, tubular shaped shrub growing in the Sierra Nevada and Olympic Mountain Ranges up to 9,000 foot elevations. This hearty herb, growing in nearly straight granite rock and gravel, bravely weathers harsh exposure against heat, rain, and snow. Withstanding the tough alpine altitude, it boldly flowers in a beautiful abundance of deep cherry and crimson, the colors of the Warrior’s heart. Mountain Pride’s essence is one with the purity of the Warrior, adapting to worldly elements through the strength of the inner self. In the upper elevations of Spirit, we are able gather power, and draw it within to concentrate, enabling us to share the best of ourselves with the outer world. It is through this offering of our magnificent Infinite Self where we eternally grow and raise the consciousness of the world. Carlos Castaneda, Peruvian-American anthropologist, author, and shaman states: “There are lots of things a warrior can do at a certain time which he couldn’t do years before. Those things themselves did not change; what changed was his idea of himself.” Like the robust Mountain Pride, who contains power within its core, we can take Divine time to withdraw in sacred solitude, and gather the forces of our inner warrior strength in unity with the Great Spirit, benefiting all life.
Yarrow – (Achillea millefolium) a common, bushy plant native to North America, Europe, and Asia found in low-to-high mountainous elevations up to 11,000 feet. An aromatic herb, growing up to three feet tall, Yarrow has graceful fern-like leaves, and a multitude of small, delicate white, yellow, pink, or red flowers in 6” horizontal clusters. The healing essential oil of Yarrow is known to assist in grounding illumination with self-protection and strength in sensitivity. As Yarrow harmonizes with the physical and spiritual forces of Mountain’s energy standing high in the mist of the celestial, her dainty flowers and graceful feathered leaves attest to the strength in vulnerability. In solitude, upon our mighty rock of Mountain Majesty, we can become infused with a potent and fortified sense of self, at one with the earthly and heavenly elements of power, poised to share love – the highest gift of ourselves. Paulo Coelho, Brazilian author of The Pilgrimage and The Alchemist, divines: “The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.” Coelho’s quote sublimely expresses the glory of Yarrow, who exposes her subtle radiance for all to see in the vast alpine environ, all the while preserving her inner beauty and equilibrium of self. Her strong sensitivity is an exquisite gift to all life.
Smokey Quartz – a translucent brown-to-black dichroic crystal found throughout the world. This gem is recognized as a protection stone of endurance, transformation, and grounding properties. Standing upon the heights of Mountain Majesty within our hearts, we are able to feel the strength of release and transmutation of negative energies, grounding the power of love for the self, and others. Edwin Way Teale, American naturalist, photographer, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author innately perceived, “In nature, there is less death and destruction than death and transmutation.” This is the path of Mountain’s gift, where we can be transformed. Smokey Quartz, a clearing crystal, opens the way to the upper elevations of Mountain’s Spirit, where spiritual air is rarified, mental debris diffused, and the purity of the soul stands tall and refined. In this powerful state of being, stability and calmness preside, aiding in the concentration to promote positive intuitive thought and action to follow our path and manifest dreams into fruition. And so, in the realm of the Mountain, Smokey Quartz is connected with the sounds of the Universe, where we can hear the clear voice of Spirit calling us to go forth from this place of courage in an outreach of love and power.
~ CELEBRATION THROUGH SACRED CEREMONY ~
Moving through the energy of our spiritual Mountain, we are blessed with purified strength, clear and calm. Here, within the realm of inner sanctuary, Mountain Majesty sends us our purpose defined, where we can discover our stance for its fruition. With feet firm upon rocky land, we are able to hear and feel peace within this Sacred Space.
A personal ceremony can be performed to enhance the attraction and unity with Mountain’s precious gift. This can be a private celebration between yourself and Mountain’s Spirit, or you can invite others to join. It can be as ritualized as you desire, or naturally free-flowing, and include anything you want to say or any object(s) that intuitively feels in harmony with the act of Mountain’s blessing and thanksgiving.
The most beneficial scenario would be to hold the celebration outside in a mountainous area. If mountains are obscured, any outside contact facing their auric presence would be helpful. If the celebration is held indoors, being in room with a window is encouraged to enhance the presence of natural elements, but if this is not possible, symbolically facing a mountain would be beneficial. Even if the mountain is hidden, emanations from Mountain Majesty’s spiritual source are not veiled, as they flow freely throughout the Universe.
As a sample list, any of the following ideas below could be included in your celebration, and verbalized during a Blessings of Intention for Sacred Solitude affirmation ceremony (see below). Also, any of these offerings can be manifested and integrated into your ritual either spiritually and/or physically.
- Begin with a personal intention of Sacred Solitude to enhance any general or specific aspect of your life.
- A white, brown, or gold candle to embody the solitary enlightening power of Mountain Goddess Uma.
- A bowl of rocks or gravel to invoke the strength and grounding powers of Mountain Majesty.
- An evergreen stem to symbolize the calm aura and sanctity of Spirit in harmony with Heaven and Earth.
- The act of breathing the spiritual Mountain air for purification and clarity.
- Recognition of Snow Leopard’s prowess, vigilance, and strength in solitude.
- A drop of Mountain Pride flower essence on your tongue to enhance the inner power of the Sacred Warrior as you walk through life with a purpose of heart through Mountain Spirit.
- A drop of Yarrow essential oil sprinkled on the rocks or gravel to represent a foundation of protection and strength in sensitivity. Or a drop of an evergreen essential oil for empowerment and clarity of Mountain’s essence.
- Any gemstone that you resonate with Mountain’s ascent of power through solitude. Smokey Quartz can be used for grounding, endurance, and positive transformation of energy flow. Bloodstone, Carnelian, Hematite, Obsidian, Amethyst, Citrine, Garnet, Tiger Eye, Agate, and Malachite also vibrate Mountain’s life-force.
- Intentional blessings for Mountain’s Gift of Sacred Solitude. A simple statement in the form of a heart-felt declaration can attract and summon the heights of magic and power from Mountain Majesty through the fundamental, positive act of intention. By the sincere act of a clear and pure desire, a personalized blessing can call upon the spiritual forces of grounded inner strength and renewal of vitality – the way of the Spiritual Warrior. You can use any of the following Blessings of Intention affirmations as a guideline to be included into your own personal declaration towards inner harmony and integration of the energies of Heaven and Earth. Written as non-denominational statements, these intentional blessings can be practiced by any single person, or unstructured or organized group through their own personal form of prayer, charm, chant, invocation, or medicine, etc.
- A devotional declaration of praise, honor, and thanksgiving, as suggested in Dream Song to Mountain Majesty (see below). This act of appreciation is enhanced with powerful personal statements of “I Am”, and especially when said aloud, can invoke the creative energies of manifestation radiating throughout the Universe, calling upon Mountain’s Great Spirit to be infused into our life. All or part of the Dream Song passages can be included in this holy prayer of purpose and gratitude, and they summon and embrace a wide range of natural spiritual influences and life-force energies from Goddess, Native American, Celtic, Shaman, Pagan, and Wiccan cultures.
~ BLESSINGS OF INTENTION FOR SACRED SOLITUDE ~
- With this illuminating candle, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I light the powerful fire of Goddess Uma in Sacred Solitude shining within my heart and soul.
- With these solid rocks, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I am grounded in Sacred Solitude as the foundation of my heart and soul.
- With this vibrant evergreen, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I grow in harmony with Sacred Solitude resting within my heart and soul.
- With this holy air, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I breathe the purity of Sacred Solitude, infusing it within my heart and soul.
- With the power of Snow Leopard, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I focus upon the energy of Sacred Solitude, ever vigilant and balanced within my heart and soul.
- With this healing flower essence, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I plant the seed of Sacred Solitude into the soil of my heart and soul.
- With this herbal essential oil, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I anoint the essence of Sacred Solitude into the well of my heart and soul.
- With this energetic gemstone, blessed by Mountain Spirit, I honor the transformation and strength of Sacred Solitude eternal within my heart and soul.
~ DREAM SONG TO MOUNTAIN MAJESTY ~
In the aura of your magnificence, O Mystic Mountain,
I know that I am You!
As I touch upon the soul of your strength through Sacred Solitude,
I know that I am You.
As my mind clears, and your holy breath purifies my being,
I know that I am You.
I seek you now, for this Divine Transformation,
And I become You.
I stand tall betwixt Heaven and Earth,
And receive your Powerful Blessing.
Now I am whole, within your realm, O Great Mountain.
And as I descend upon the grounds of Mother Earth,
In the Sacred Warrior stance,
I lead my thoughts to the purpose of my path,
And walk your trail back into my Heart.
Thank you, O Mountain Majesty, for your Gift of Sacred Solitude.
From Heaven Sweet Nature Springs
Lerner, Isha – Power of Flowers, U.S. Games Systems, Inc., Publishers
From Heaven Sweet Nature Springs