Eight Steps for A Woman Dancing With Cancer
- Submit. Give up. Make room for the miracle.
- Inform yourself. Listen to your intuition. Examine all the options, but only use what feels right to you.
- Accept support. Surround yourself with loving friends, healing music, special colors, prayer and affirmation. Create a ceremony of healing/wholing and invite your supporters.
- Anoint your breast(s) with healing herbal oils such as calendula, dandelion, or poke. Visualize healing energies suffusing your tissues.
- Maximize the healthy qualities of your diet:
² Use organic olive oil and butter to the exclusion of other fats.
² Increase your use of beans, especially lentils, and fermented foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, miso, tamari, homemade wines and beers.
² Include immune building and anticancer herbs in your diet:
- Daily use of a nourishing infusion, especially red clover flower or burdock root or violet leaf infusions.
- Daily use of fresh herb vinegars, especially yellow dock, burdock, and dandelion root vinegars.
- Frequent use of a long-cooked soup containing seaweed (such as kombu or wakame), astragalus root, and medicinal mushrooms (reishi, shiitake, puffballs, etc).
- Increase you exercise level. Take a yoga or tai chi class weekly. Walk daily. Get a weekly massage. Pamper yourself with activity.
- Use drugs (chemotherapy, tamoxifen, anesthesia, pain killers) as required but:
² consider a short trial of a powerful herb such as poke root before resorting to drugs; and
² always combine drug use with complementary herbs. For instance, protect the liver with milk thistle seed tincture.
- Use radiation and surgery as needed but:
² always combine with complementary herbs; and
² be willing to set limits that you feel comfortable with – they can’t take your lymph glands if you say “No.”
For more information, see Breast Cancer? Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way by Susun Weed. www.ashtreepublishing.com