~ Gift of Spontaneity ~
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight,
Or any experience that reveals the human spirit. ~ e.e. cummings
Rainbow light playfully twinkles on all waters of the world, and Sparkling Stream joyfully dances in rainbow’s glow. Stream plays an important role in the biological habitat of her surrounding areas. This vicinity of fragmented territories of life species, or riparian zones, is harmoniously united by Stream through the generous wealth of her life-giving essence, which conserves the primary critical core ecosystem of earth. All forms of streams, i.e., rivers, creeks, tributaries, brooks, rivulets, and runnels, are the life-blood of Mother Earth.
Mankind has observed the vital contribution of streams for the continuation of life. Sparkling Stream not only offers the essential act of unifying diverse biological communities for the healthy continuation of species survival, but blesses us with her healing waters and the existing life within – offering food, shelter, and the purification of mind, body, and soul. These gifts are all spontaneous offerings from her sparkling essence of love. She naturally delights and plays with life – caressing, skipping, tumbling, and splashing along her way with joy, to a path of self-discovery. She sings her Song of Love and Joy, meandering downstream and blessing all in her path with the miraculous Gift of Spontaneity!
~ STREAM SPIRIT POWER MESSAGE ~
I flow into life, I flow into you.
You are the “stream of life”!
As you behold my waters within your senses,
You know that I call you to your Self.
Come with me into the world of Spontaneity,
Where life is lived in the utmost pleasure!
For the Soul to be free to move
is to feel the Self at One…whole.
Let Me wash over you…
And I will show you the way to Life!
~ STREAM ELEMENTS AND SYMBOLOGY ~
Through the physical and spiritual realms of the Five Kingdoms in Nature:
Celestial, Elemental, Fauna, Flora, and Mineral
Uranus – the 7th planet from the sun, revolving every 84 years, having the 3rd largest planetary radius, and 4th largest planetary mass in the solar system. Uranus, a deep, electric blue-green planet, is very unusual in that it travels on its side and rotates, thereby alternating the presentation of its poles to the sun during orbit, causing both hemispheres to either be in a state of total darkness or bathed in light. Astrologically, Uranus is the planet associated with intuitive genius, individuality, discovery, and progressive ideals. Its adventurous sideways axis certainly indicates originality, independence, and the power of surprise! Ruled by the zodiac sign of Aquarius, Uranus’ Gift of Spontaneity supports the originality of new and unconventional ideas. Through Uranus’ freedom of expression, we may follow its path within ourselves, intuitively touching who we really are in relation to life. As unique individuals, spontaneity can spark our distinct, creative Gift of Self. Viola Spolin, considered to be the “Mother of Improvisational Theater”, gleaned, “Spontaneity is the moment of personal freedom when we are faced with reality, and see it, explore it and act accordingly. In this reality the bits and pieces of ourselves function as an organic whole. It is the time of discovery, of experiencing, of creative expression.” We can learn to embrace the inspirational planet of Uranus as an opportunity to change habitual behaviors which no longer serve us, and witness our movement from the stagnant pool of inertia into the sparkling flow of individual evolution. Flowing outwards from our inner Sparkling Stream, we can surely share the wonder of ourselves with the world!
Flowing Water – the spontaneous current of moving water. Sparkling Stream emerges from the underground course of a spring into the aboveground essence of outer expression. Her headwaters continue to flow downstream, touching and blessing life along her course, in the joy of being. And so it is with ourselves. As we flow from the deep currents within, expressing ourselves outwards, we touch life with the sacred expression of Self. At the bottom of our stream bed, we ferment with soul energy, rich and fertile, in the wake of rousing spontaneous intuition. From this space, Divine insight flows into the pool of conscious thought, and our life current surges through the physical, mental, and emotional senses from the deep spirituality of Self. As we follow Sparkling Stream, this environment of discovery is a natural, joyous movement, leading to the fruition of a miraculous flowing state of being. “Let go, for I am ready to see life at its fullest and live to the best of myself, and for that reason I am now spontaneous, happy, and feel whole.” So says Natalie Nicole Green, contemporary American singer and songwriter. In spontaneity we may find the wealth and breadth of the Greater Self, our Beautiful Infinite Being. It bears quoting Greenagain in saying, “Being spontaneous is merely the soul’s way of saying, ‘let me out, I’m ready to fly!’, and all your unworldly subconscious desires become realities.” It is here where we can truly be borne again!
Water Skippers – (Gerridae Remigis) a family of bugs known to skip on water. Water Skippers are anatomically structured to distribute their body weight, enabling them to skim over surface water. They use the surface tension of water in harmony with their long, highly adapted, hydrophobic (water repelling) legs to keep them afloat, while their body buoyantly centers above the water on Stream’s surface. With strong, flexible legs, they keep their weight evenly distributed, enabling them to effortlessly flow with the current. As children, and even as adults, we have delighted in seeing Water Skipper float around and skip atop Stream’s surface with spontaneous movement. Balance is the secret key to their unique lifestyle. We can use our totem Water Skipper as an inspired example of natural, balanced spontaneity to live life to the fullest. “Be spontaneous, be truthful, be free, and thus be individuals! is the song Nature sings through warbling birds, and whispering pines, and roaring waves”, divines Lydia Child, an 1800’s human rights activist, teacher, and writer of the notable poem and song, Over the River and Through the Woods. The Gift of Spontaneity dwells within the soul, and when we allow it to spring forth naturally, and flow into our Sparkling Stream of individual expression, it can shower us with the joy of living our authentic life!
Fallen Trees – trees, and their parts, that have released themselves as offerings into Stream waters. Fallen trees and their limbs – branches and twigs – form a fundamental element of Sparkling Stream. They offer a host of homes and rest-stops for a myriad of water species. As we delight in Stream, they also act as natural stepping stones to walk onto and cross over, inviting us to more closely view the magickal and active life of her environ. All her “accidental” gifts offer infinite life forms the opportunity for self-preservation and discovery. From this powerful and adventurous foundation, we may view the birth of our spontaneous self and see the inner magick that sparks from within! As we follow, and walk along, the branches of our original ideas, we can be lead into the effortless delight of life, whose hand is waiting to take ours along the path to discover our own “genius” in relation to the beauty of the world. What a sweet pleasure is the Gift of Spontaneity! Truly, “the essence of pleasure is spontaneity”, so sweetly shared by Germaine Greer, a major feminist voice of the 20th century. So, let us enjoy the journey through Sparkling Stream, and discover the greatest gift of our original Self, and share it with all life!
Citrine – a translucent yellow-to-golden member of the quartz family. Citrine is symbolized as a “creativity” gemstone, encouraging and opening the mind to the clarity of spontaneous new thoughts, thus inspiring bright and original ideas. It’s warm, sunny colour enhances optimism, releasing joy and instilling self-confidence. These positive, radiant qualities unleash the Sparkling Stream of our intuitive freedom of thought, leading us to the personal path of inner discovery. Citrine’s spiritual light can help us move more freely, through creative visualization, towards our spontaneous stream flowing within, encouraging creative fruition through physical activity. Rollo May, humanistic and existential psychologist, and author of the influential book, Love and Will, divinely stated, “Creativity is not merely the innocent spontaneity of our youth and childhood; it must also be married to the passion of the adult human being, which is a passion to live beyond one’s death.” This sublimely reflects the importance of Citrine’s gift of creativity in relation to personal growth through spontaneity. This is an endowment from Spirit, dwelling within our hearts – a living tool to guide our Greatest Self towards serving all life. Spontaneity is creation’s Mother, warm, joyful, and loving. And finally, novelist Henry Miller succinctly and beautifully stated, “All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience.” And so, we are all generously offered the exquisite opportunity to grow through the spontaneous creation of our deepest selves, in the true act of love of Self, our inherent gift from the Divine.
~ CELEBRATION THROUGH SACRED CEREMONY ~
Moving through the spiritual energy of our own inner totem Sparkling Stream, we can be blessed with the precious Gift of Spontaneity in conscious, natural movement with all life. Here, within the realm of Divine Freedom, our True Self eternally dwells.
A personal ceremony can be performed to enhance the manifestation and integration with Stream’s all-embracing gift. This can be a private celebration between yourself and Stream Spirit, or you can invite others to join. It can be as ritualized as you desire, or naturally free-flowing, and include anything you want to say or any object(s) that intuitively feels in harmony with the act of thanksgiving for Sparkling Stream’s blessing.
A powerful place to hold the celebration would be in a natural area with Stream’s presence, but physical location is not of prime importance. If you do not have access to this environment, any contact outside facing Stream’s auric essence would be helpful. Even if this area is hidden or at a great distance, emanations from Sparkling Stream’s spiritual source are not obscured, as they flow freely throughout the Universe. If the celebration is held indoors, being in room with a window is encouraged to enhance the presence of natural elements, but if this is not possible, symbolically facing Sparkling Stream would be beneficial.
As a sample list, any of the following ideas below could be included in your celebration, and verbalized during a Blessings of Intention for Spontaneity affirmation ceremony (see below). Also, any of these offerings may be created and integrated into your ritual either physically and/or symbolically in Spirit.
- Begin with a personal intention of Spontaneity to enhance any general or specific aspect of your life.
- Light a blue-green or electric blue candle to symbolize the powerful essence of Uranus, whose gift is the discovery of the self through personal freedom of expression.
- Stir and feel the energy of Flowing Water, representing the gift of natural intuition moving you into the sweet joy of being.
- Honor the animated little Water Skipper, whose gift is the exquisite act of spontaneous balance.
- Feel the strength of Fallen Trees, i.e., twig/branch, symbolizing a natural space to walk with and discover your magickal being of personal uniqueness.
- Hold the sparkling gemstone Citrine, or any other stone resonating the great gift of spontaneous creativity. Other related stones include Jade, Garnet, Dioptase, Amber, Iolite, Carnelian, and Rhodochrosite.
- Proclaim intentional blessings for the Gift of Spontaneity. A simple statement in the form of a heart-felt declaration can attract and summon the heights of magick and power through the fundamental, positive act of intention. By the sincere act of a clear and pure desire, a personalized blessing can call upon the spiritual forces of unity within life – the source of your Infinite Self. You can use any of the following Blessings of Intention affirmations as a guideline to be included into your own personal declaration towards inner harmony and integration with the energies of Heaven and Earth. Written as non-denominational statements, these intentional blessings can be practiced by any single person, or unstructured or organized group, as their own personal form of prayer, charm, chant, invocation, or medicine, etc.
- A devotional affirmation of praise, honor, and thanksgiving, as suggested in Dream Song to Sparkling Stream (see below). This act of appreciation is enhanced with the powerful personal statement “I Am”, and especially when said aloud, can invoke the creative energies of manifestation radiating throughout the Universe, calling upon Stream’s Great Spirit to be infused into your life. All or part of the Dream Song passages can be included in this holy prayer of purpose and gratitude. Their power summon and embrace a wide range of natural spiritual influences, ancient mythology, and alchemical life-force energies from Native American, Deity, Celtic, Shaman, Indigenous, Pagan, and Wiccan cultures.
~ BLESSINGS OF INTENTION FOR SPONTANEITY ~
- With this shimmering candle, blessed by Stream Spirit, I embrace the electric aura Uranus, leading me to the unique energy of my intuitive, spontaneous self, shining brightly within my heart and soul.
- With the gift of spontaneous Flowing Water, blessed by Stream Spirit, I feel the spring of joy and unity of my Beautiful Infinite Self moving within my heart and soul.
- With the sprightly little Water Skipper, blessed by Stream Spirit, I playfully follow the freedom of spontaneity swimming in my heart and soul.
- With the path of self-discovery created by the Fallen Trees, blessed by Stream Spirit, I see the magick of my unique gift to life growing within my heart and soul.
- With warm, translucent Citrine, (or other resonating gemstone) blessed by Stream Spirit, I feel the glow of natural creativity sparkling in my heart and soul.
~ DREAM SONG TO SPARKLING STREAM ~
I come to you with my heart, open and wide,
And you bring me such joy!
I am your spontaneous flow!
You wash over me, and sprinkle me
With the light of your gift.
In my own freedom, I rush, and curl, and splash,
Jumping and skipping over stone and twig.
Your gift is taking me to the movement of myself,
And I laugh…and am in bliss over me!
Thank You, O Sparkling Stream, for your Gift of Spontaneity.
~ From Heaven Sweet Nature Springs ~
The Illustrated Directory of Healing Crystals, by Cassandra Eason