Apple Magick is very popular on Samhain. Whether you are trying to divine who your next lover will be or paying tribute to an ancestor, apples abound on this holiday.
Here are a few ways to bring apples into your home for the holidays….
- Burn Apple Blossom incense in your workings, on your altar, or to give the room a nice smell.
- Eat some apples. They have wonderful health benefits. You can read some of what those are here.
- Make a new wand using the branch of an apple tree.
- Use them in your recipes for a Samhain meal.
- A Simmer Pot is a great and easy way to make your house smell like Autumn with apples. Here is what you do:
In a pot on a low simmering heat or in a crockpot on low with the cover off bring the following to a simmer:
5 Cups of Water
1 Apple Cut in Half
3-4 Cinnamon Sticks
From here you can add anything else that pleases your senses, such as, orange peels, cardamom, cloves, etc…
This concoction can simmer, watched, for a few hours.
Enjoy the beautiful Aroma!