Chakra Balancing Meals
Solar Plexus Chakra
Chamomile Lemon Loaf with Lavender Glaze
The solar plexus Chakra is located in the gut and thus aids in who we are as a person, spiritual & mundane. It’s where we receive guidance that helps us make decisions, and is the core of one’s power. Much like with the heart Chakra, when our solar plexus is imbalanced we find it difficult to connect, accept on a more spiritual or personal sense instead of emotional. The stones associated with the solar plexus chakra are yellow calcite, tiger’s eye, pyrite, citrine and rutilated quartz. Kyanite can also be used as it helps align all of the chakras.
For this Chakra we are going to move away from the cold weather foods and make something everyone in the family will love, a chamomile lemon loaf with a lavender glaze. This is a delicious tea cake infused with lemon zest, chamomile, and covered with fresh culinary lavender.
One of my favorite herbs is lavender. It smells so wonderful and is one of the most relaxing herbs. I love infusing it in teas and burning it in rituals. It’s a great addition to this recipe as it promotes love and purity and what more could you want for your family but lots of love and to purify their energies. Lavender is always in my healing oils if I work in a kitchen or around fryers as it helps topically with burns. It also helps with anxiety and sleeplessness and mixes very well with our next herb chamomile. Always be sure the lavender you cook with is culinary as it has fewer oils and won’t overpower your food to a soap taste as quickly as decorative lavender.
Chamomile has a nice light taste and smell which is why the tea for this recipe is so strong, we don’t want the lemon to overpower and drown it out. Chamomile has healing properties and helps to banish negative energies. What better for loved ones? It also helps with several gastrointestinal disorders and overactive mucus membranes.
Lemons have energies of purification, unity and love and is wonderful in baked good form. They are packed with vitamin c and antioxidants and help aid digestion.
Eggs have protein and potassium backing them up as well as energies of fertility and prosperity. The goddess Ostara is represented by the egg and the hare is sacred to her, which is why we have the Easter bunny today.
Since this recipe is so natural with aromatic Ingredients try to approach this recipe as a meditation. Let the energies flow through you and let the food guide you more than my recipe. When I cook I let the ingredients tell me what to do and I smell the combinations in my mind, like I have the guidance of an ancestor. Its like magic. If you can or do cook like this it will become your favorite activity.
2 tbsp chamomile flower
½ cup water
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs beaten lightly
½ cup milk
½ cup olive oil
1 large lemon zested and half juiced
1 tbsp dried culinary lavender
½ cup milk
2½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Make the chamomile tea using 1.5 tbsp and ½ cup water, remembering not to boil your herbs.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and zest 1 lemon into it.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly pour them into the dry ingredients as you mix.
- Pour the dough into a pan either oiled or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and remove from the pan, allowing to cool with Chakra stones around.
- Add milk and lavender to a medium sized pot and heat but do not boil. Once the milk is infused with the lavender remove it from heat and allow it to cool for roughly 5 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled loaf and allow the glaze to settle for about 10 minutes. Again feel free to surround the loaf with some stones to help it better heal the chakra.
- Share with the family and enjoy.
About the Author:
Theron Baker is a kitchen witch who connects most to the earth and enjoys foraging for ingredients and being in nature as well as his kitchen.