Earth Protection Spell
Excerpt from the Book ‘Modern Wicca: Beliefs and Traditions for Contemporary Life
by Rowan Morgana
To invite the elemental Earth spirits to live in your garden to protect and nurture it. Protecting a small part of your own garden counts toward the greater good of protecting and healing Earth. If every- one takes care of their little corner of land, a wave of Earth-healing may begin. This spell is best done under the light of the full moon.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 very large stone
- Dried lavender and thyme
- Gold, red, blue and green ribbons each about 12 inches long
- 1 peeled twig about 12 inches long
- 4 birthday candles
- A small dish of pure water
- 1 clear quartz or aqua crystal
- A lighter
- A small dish of earth or sand to hold the candles
- Clear a 12-inch circle in your garden of all debris and place the stone in the center.
- Cast a circle.
- Sit quietly for a few moments. Close your eyes and visualize a glowing green mist enveloping your circle. Green is the magick color of Earth and elemental spirits. Visualize gnomes, sylphs, undines, and salamanders appearing in the mist, peeking at you from behind trees, plants, and rocks. See them living in and around your garden with the stone at the center of their activities.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and sprinkle the lavender and thyme in a circle around the stone and say:
I offer you these herbs as a circle of protection; may you live peacefully here.
Tie the gold, red, blue, and green ribbons around the top of the twig, then stand it upright in the soil beside the stone and say:
Sylphs, please accept this offering of air.
Arrange the birthday candles around the stone, light them, and say:
Salamanders, please accept this offering of fire.
Place the dish of water beside the stone and say:
Undines, please accept this offering of water.
Place the crystal beside the stone and say:
Gnomes, please accept this offering of Earth.
Spend a few moments enjoying the magickal energy contained within this enchanted elemental circle. This magickal place can become your center for spells and rituals to honor and heal Mother Earth.
When you are ready, extinguish the candles completely, open the circle, and walk away without looking back. Know that your little corner of the world is now under the protection of the elemental spirits.